Lynnfield Water District is accepting applications for a part-time Administrative Assistant supporting the front office operations. The ideal candidate will have, at minimum, a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an office environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the daily front office operations of the Lynnfield Water District, which supplies water to the southern 1/3 of Lynnfield, approximately 1,500 residential and commercial customers. Responsibilities and duties include a variety of administrative and financial functions including the ability to interact and communicate effectively with District staff and Board members, the public, and town and state officials.
This position reports to the Office Administrator.
- Answer telephone, greet the public, retrieve, and respond to messages (phone and email), purchase office supplies and equipment, and filing.
- Provide information and assistance to the public; research and respond appropriately and in a timely manner to customer questions and/or concerns, scheduling appointments, and draft correspondence.
- Perform a variety of data entry duties to maintain water billing records using the District’s billing software, Jayhawk Utility Suites. This includes posting payments, adding in new customers, applying charges, creating service orders, and other adjustments as required.
- Coordinate water related billing including biannual residential and quarterly commercial water usage bills, biannual cross connection testing bills, and miscellaneous bills.
- Pay vendor invoices. Manages accounts payable and receivable.
- Balance District bank accounts and records entries in QuickBooks.
- Post payments to Excel to track retiree benefit payments.
- Participate in preparing annual budget.
- Assist with updates to the District website.
- Assist with tracking employee sick and vacation time.
- Assist with District’s Records Retention program complying with Commonwealth of Massachusetts regulations.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Five (5) years of related office experience.
- Preference for a candidate with experience interacting with the public.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Dependable, cooperative, and thorough with a strong work ethic.
- General data entry and mathematic skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks to meet daily objectives.
- Effective organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Able to learn new software in a reasonable time frame.
- Competency working with QuickBooks and other databases.
- Flexible, responsive to change
- Working knowledge and use of standard office procedures and equipment.
Standard office environment which involves sitting for long periods, lifting/carrying under 25 pounds, extensive use of computer and telephone system, and in-person interactions with the public and District staff.
Lynnfield Water District is a smoke-free and drug/alcohol-free community. The candidate who is offered the role will be subjected to both a drug test and a CORI check. The successful applicant will be hired conditionally, based upon outcome of a detailed 90-day job performance review.
This is a part-time position offering flexible hours with a minimum of 10 and up to 20 hours per week with the potential for future growth.
For Immediate Consideration
Please send letter of interest and resume with work history and five (5) professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Office Administrator, Lynnfield Water District, 842 Salem Street, Lynnfield, MA 01940 on or before 3:00 p.m., February 14, 2021.